The right words
at the right time
can make all the difference.
When Megan Murphy decided to turn off the negativity of the morning news and spread love during her daily walks, The Kindness Rocks Project was born.
“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” – Winston Churchill (pg. 40-41)
This book collects some of her favorite sayings to paint on rocks and leave where others can find them (info on where not to leave them also included).
“If not us, who? If not now, when?” – John F. Kennedy (pg. 56-57)
What uplifting message will you send out into the world?
Book info: A Pebble For Your Thoughts: How One Kindness Rock at the Right Moment Can Change Your Life / Megan Murphy. Mango Publishing, 2018. [author site] [publisher site] Review copy and cover image courtesy of the publisher.
My book talk: Starting with one person’s attempt to counteract negativity through small encouraging messages to anyone, The Kindness Rocks Project has grown into a worldwide movement trying to uplift everyone.
Chapters featuring quotations on
- strength -“Never underestimate yourself”,
- encouragement – “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do” – Rumi,
- grief and healing – “Sometimes, something as simple as a smile can make all the difference”,
- faith – “Live the way you want to be remembered”,
- personal growth – “You can go your own way” – Fleetwood Mac, and
- self-love – “Accentuate the positive”
show example Kindness Rocks in picturesque natural settings and discuss the word or quotation painted on each one.
Sections on the Project’s origins and how to become involved by painting your own Kindness Rocks round out this handy collection, which reminds us to LeaveNoTrace and place our own #thekindnessrocksproject inspirational rocks in just the right places.